The International Society of Psychiatric Genetics (ISPG) is the primary worldwide organization dedicated to:
- Facilitating research in the genetics of psychiatric disorders (including substance use disorders) and allied traits.
- Promoting education in psychiatric genetics, both for the scientific community and for the lay public.
- Guiding early career researchers interested in the field of psychiatric genetics.
- Encouraging communication and collaboration between researchers in this area.
- Striving for the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and clinical practice.
- Paving the way to alleviate suffering due to psychiatric disorders.
Click HERE for additional information on ISPG.
Board of Directors
|President||Thomas G. Schulze, M.D.|
|University of Munich, Germany|
|Vice President||Jordan Smoller, M.D., Sc.D.|
|Harvard Medical School, USA|
|Treasurer||James Potash, M.D., M.P.H.|
|Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA|
|Secretary||Elisabeth Binder, M.D., Ph.D.|
|Max-Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Germany|
|Board||Sarah Bergen, Ph.D.|
|Karolinska Institute, Sweden|
|Margit Burmeister, Ph.D.|
|University of Michigan, USA|
|Elliot Gershon, M.D.|
|University of Chicago, USA|
|John Kelsoe, M.D.|
|University of California San Diego, USA|
|James L. Kennedy, M.D.|
|Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Canada|
|Markus Nothen, Prof.|
|University of Bonn, Germany|
|John Nurnberger, M.D., Ph.D.|
|Indiana University School of Medicine, USA|
|Dan Rujescu. M.D., Ph.D.|
|University of Halle, Germany|
|Jonathan Sebat, Ph.D.|
|University of California, San Diego, USA|
|Patrick Sullivan, M.D.|
|University of North Carolina, USA|
|Naomi Wray, Ph.D.|
|The University of Queensland, Australia|